The most important week of the school year is right around the corner! We’ve decided to give a few quick tips to get you spring break ready (just incase you’ve slacked off on honoring those New Year’s resolutions of hitting the gym every day). There may not be a whole lot of time to get that 6-pack in time for the beach, but these tips will help you feel healthier and more energetic all year round.
- Cut out sweets, soft drinks and fast food!!
- Eat natural foods like fruits, leafy greens, almonds, and whole grains to prevent hunger
- Drink lots and LOTS of water
- Try water infused with cucumber, lemon, oranges and mint leaves to flush out the toxins in your body
- Or try this detox smoothie: 1 banana, 1 handful of spinach, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cucumber, 1 avocado, coconut water
Hit the Gym:
- If you don’t exercise regularly, start small and work your way up
- Find out what workout plan works best for your body, according to what you want to focus on
- A starting workout could be cardio, arms, legs, and abs (with times and weights that you feel comfortable with), then trying a little more weight or a few more reps every day
- If you have no idea what to do when you get to the gym, try some classes. We heard that Elevation Fitness has a whole list of awesome classes that they offer daily! Check out their class schedule here!
Gypsy Threads now carries activewear!! Come shop with us so you can be the coolest gypsy in the gym.
You can check out our activewear here!
The most important things are to COMMIT and STAY POSITIVE. A positive lifestyle is all about the positive vibes you put off. It’s not all about making your body look better, but making it feel better. Create a healthy lifestyle with a good balance of exercise, clean eating, and positive energy. Always be comfortable in your own skin, and you will eventually see your hard work pay off. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
Stay tuned for more on the hottest trends for #SB2017 and how to have the best getaway with your tribe. We may even have something fun and flirty for you to wear while you splash around in the ocean in the store soon!